Power tools are multifunctional tools that serve many purposes ranging from simple DIY projects, fixing home repairs, or extensive professional construction projects and tasks. Power tools relieve some of the manual work required for projects providing more efficient, accurate, and quality results. Although power tools are useful for a number of projects and tasks when used improperly, they can become major safety hazards. Listed below are some do’s in don’ts in power tool safety.
- Purchase quality power tools with built-in safety features.
- Read the user manual prior to first tool use.
- Follow manufacture instructions for tool cleaning, maintenance, accessories, and part replacements.
- Use the right tool for the job.
- Inspect tools before each use.
- Make sure the points of operation and on/off switches are guarded.
- Make sure tools are turned off before plugging them in.
- Leave unsecured tools unattended
- Compromise on quality when purchasing power tools.
- Place/store your power tool in areas with excessive moisture or on wet surfaces.
- Yank the plug or cord out of the socket after completing a project.
- Use any tool that has visual damage to the casing, cord, or plug.
- Continue to operate power tools with signs of electrical damage such as sparks, smoke, shocks, or smells like it’s burning.
- Get body parts, unsecured hair, or loose clothing near the tool’s point of operation.
Hardwood Flooring from Jason Brown Wood Floors
At Jason Brown Wood Floors, our commitment to quality installation is clear in all that we do, which is why our customers consistently rate us as one of the top contractors in the region. We have been awarded Baltimore Magazine’s Best of Baltimore Award 4 times and have been proudly serving the Baltimore Area for over 16 years. If you’re ready to speak with someone about your hardwood flooring project, we want to hear from you! Contact us at 410-668-9131 or send us a message here.
Jason Brown Wood Floors is also your convenient dealer of high-quality, professional grade power tools. We offer brands that tradespeople trust most for the job. Come check out our Abingdon showroom to browse the in-stock selection of products and tools by Festool, Freud, Diablo, Shaper, Mirka, Makita, Saw Stop, and Grex.